Monday, November 8, 2021

I Don't Like The Cover

 To whoever cares to read,


I have something to admit, and it's about my own book. The cover of the second novel, The Ruthless Race, has got to change. I was never a super huge fan when I chose it, but now that the series is over (sort of), all I can think about is how terrible it looks. The other covers are decent enough, but The Ruthless Race cover is terrible compared to the rest. It doesn't really even follow the scheme. Side by side, it becomes the odd man out and I have to stop looking at it. 




Besides the fact that the cover gives you a full frontal view and the background isn't dark enough, the photo itself is just the wrong size. As a self-published author who's not trying to go broke in an expensive world, it's hard finding a photo that even slightly represents your novel or your character. Even as I search now through pages and pages of stock images, everything is either too much or not quite enough. But I don't know how much I can look at this cover. It has to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment